cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Could not retrieve values. The response is not in a JSON format

Flow_Harvest_1hour.pngimage.pngimage.pngHi, I hope you're all doing well.

I have been trying to organise a power apps application through the use of the Microsoft flow to connect Harvest.
However, I am stuck on the Flow section as I keep getting errors saying "Could not retrieve values. The response is not in JSON format"

I believe this may be due to my permission allowed to my account?

However, I need this application to work without needing each user to have elevated privileges. I just want to be able to allow people to create a time entry in the app.
I do know you have your one button and widget that do a similar action. I just wanted to know why I am getting this error and how to fix it as my Boss can do the entry, as well as I can create a personal admin account on a personal harvest and have it work instantly.

Which permission do I need to be activated, as I can't have everyone be an admin to just add a time event to their harvest account?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @SighlentNite 

Can you share more details? Note that when Flows are used or triggered from Power Apps, they are run in the context of the user that is logged in Power Apps. So the person triggering the flow from the app needs to have the relevant permissions on the actions or services used in Flow. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SighlentNite,

Could you please share the screenshots of the Flow configuration and error part?

Generally, you could create a Compose after the Flow trigger to check these data get form PowerApps, if you not mind, please share an instance of the Data (Please note shield personal information), it will help us better to assist you, thanks.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi could you perhaps give me a breakdown of exactly how I would go about composing after the flow trigger?

I am using the baseline Harvest get user info template.

1 hour flow error

Highlighted

Hi @SighlentNite 

For some reason your screenshot did not come through. Can you please post it again so that we may have a better look ? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

I have posted screenshots to the original post.

Highlighted

Hi @SighlentNite,

You could add screenshots by clicking the "Camera" button when you post:

Annotation 2020-04-08 181540.png

And there is an instance of Compose under a trigger, one note is that after you edit the Flow, the PowerApps report error about Flow button, you should remove the Flow from the PowerApps, then save PowerApps, close it then reopen it to add the Flow back:

Annotation 2020-04-08 181652.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

The problem is that the error occurs whether powerapps is added or not.
I can use just the basic template that Flow has for harvest and it does not work.

It seems to be that for some reason you need an admin Harvest account to just update a time entry when using the flow.
So the flow does seem to be quite useless for non admin users even though it should be able to be utilised by a normal user.

Highlighted

Hi @SighlentNite 

There might be certain restrictions on the API from the service provider itself. You can confirm that with support or try this out: 

https://help.getharvest.com/api-v2/timesheets-api/timesheets/time-entries/

The above link is to the harvest API, you might want to do a couple tests with postman or such service to check if it is working appropriately and then replicate same setup for Flow. You can also use the HTTP action in flow to directly interact with the api. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will try out the postman. I've never heard or used it before but I hope it will give me some information at least.
Thankyou for the assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (2,497)