cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
IvanD
Level: Power Up

Create a 'Get automatic replies configuration' action to check if its enabled (Out of Office)

I want to create flow that checks to see if Out of Office is enabled, and to provide a decision from that result.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
StefanR
Level 8

Re: Create a 'Get automatic replies configuration' action to check if its enabled (Out of Office)

Hi Ivan,

there is a preview action called "Get mail tips for a mailbox".
If i have understood correctly, you want to check if your mailbox has Autoresponse activated.
If so, you can check if the "Message"-Property of the "Get mail tips"-Action is empty:
2019-01-18_14-29-50.png

2019-01-18_14-23-05.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

IvanD

Re: Create a 'Get automatic replies configuration' action to check if its enabled (Out of Office)

Thanks, my subsequent searches discopvered a blog here, that described exactly that.

https://flow.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/canada-mailboxes-aad/

Adding the below condition is the real 'gem' that allows the process to work:

1. Add a condition.
  2. Select edit in advanced more and add an expression like: 
    @not(empty(body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox')?['AutomaticReplies']?['Message']))
  3. The above condition means that the next action will only run if there is an automatic message present.

Im my case, i am using this function to set my own Out Of Office automatically every fortnight, and if one already exists, to send me an email/push notification to ask whether it should 'overwrite' the existing settings?

Regards,
Ivan

2 REPLIES 2
StefanR
Level 8

Hi Ivan,

there is a preview action called "Get mail tips for a mailbox".
If i have understood correctly, you want to check if your mailbox has Autoresponse activated.
If so, you can check if the "Message"-Property of the "Get mail tips"-Action is empty:
2019-01-18_14-29-50.png

2019-01-18_14-23-05.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Stefan

IvanD

Thanks, my subsequent searches discopvered a blog here, that described exactly that.

https://flow.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/canada-mailboxes-aad/

Adding the below condition is the real 'gem' that allows the process to work:

1. Add a condition.
  2. Select edit in advanced more and add an expression like: 
    @not(empty(body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox')?['AutomaticReplies']?['Message']))
  3. The above condition means that the next action will only run if there is an automatic message present.

Im my case, i am using this function to set my own Out Of Office automatically every fortnight, and if one already exists, to send me an email/push notification to ask whether it should 'overwrite' the existing settings?

Regards,
Ivan

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 179 members 6,226 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: