Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
drewkoppsoleil
Level: Powered On

Creating a checklist item in Planner task

Hi All,

I am working on a connector which will allow the creation of checklist items in a task within planner. I have it working, but with a small snag - whenever I run the connector/action it only creates/updates one (the same) checklist item in any given task. I am guessing this is due to the way the API defines the creation of a checklist item: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/plannerchecklistitems?view=graph-rest-1.0 

To create a checklist item, I would need use a randomly generated guid for name/key in the json definition. I tried using a variable definition {guid} as the name, but it does not appear as a parameter/token within flow where I could pass along data.  (I've tried setting the parameter as a string in the swagger file, but since its apart of the body, I get the following error on the connector validation: "Contains a schema which has properties yet is not marked as type 'object'."

I plan on using the {{guid}} expression to generate the data, but how do I pass it along to the connector definition as a key/name for the checklist object?

I am new to Flow/Json, so please accept my appologies if this seems like a redundant question - I am unsure what to even look for to solve it.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Creating a checklist item in Planner task

Hi @drewkoppsoleil ,

Unfortunately, MS Flow does not currently support getting or appending checklist in Planner.

If you want similar features to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for similar ideas below:

Spoiler

In addition, It seems that someone has implemented a similar requirement through the Graph API, please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Strange-results-with-updating-Planner-task-detail...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
drewkoppsoleil
Level: Powered On

Thanks; I did exactly this last night (from another source) and its working great.

I will post a tutorial on this in a few days.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @drewkoppsoleil ,

Thank you for sharing in advance, this will be helpful to many people.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,533)