cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atp
Frequent Visitor

Custom Connector - Microsoft Graph with Filter

Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom connector for Microsoft Graph to get user details from our Azure AD B2C and I need to use $filter the request for issuerAssignedId and have to use a $select to return data that is not part of the standard return.

The query is:

QueryQuery

My issue with the way that I have it setup is that the definition request has the query parameters as $filter and $search:

Test Operation Query ParametersTest Operation Query Parameters

How would I go about modifying it so that the only thing the only that needs to be supplied is the e-mail address.  I'd like the $select to be fixed / same every time as well as the $filter with the exception of what is highlighted:

Query HighlightedQuery Highlighted

Is there a way I can do that with the Definition / Request or any other way?  

Thanks,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ajayan
Frequent Visitor

Hi @atp 

To default the $select parameter you can take two approaches.

1. Define a Policy - Define a "Set query string parameter" policy and set the value as required, and user gets  only the $filter option

ajayan_0-1616388097685.png

2. Provide a default $select value (and define the visibility to Advanced to that the parameter is hidden under the additional menu when you configure the PA)

ajayan_3-1616388610521.png

I would prefer the second approach as it provides a configurable option while leveraging connector. 

To set the $filter parameter, I don't know if it is possible to set as per your requirement. However, before using the action in PA, user can define a variable to set the filter criteria as required (and demand only the user principal).

ajayan_5-1616390154396.png

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ajayan
Frequent Visitor

Hi @atp 

To default the $select parameter you can take two approaches.

1. Define a Policy - Define a "Set query string parameter" policy and set the value as required, and user gets  only the $filter option

ajayan_0-1616388097685.png

2. Provide a default $select value (and define the visibility to Advanced to that the parameter is hidden under the additional menu when you configure the PA)

ajayan_3-1616388610521.png

I would prefer the second approach as it provides a configurable option while leveraging connector. 

To set the $filter parameter, I don't know if it is possible to set as per your requirement. However, before using the action in PA, user can define a variable to set the filter criteria as required (and demand only the user principal).

ajayan_5-1616390154396.png

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members .

View solution in original post

atp
Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  I found the option 2 on $select works perfect.  Ideally the custom connector could have taken the e-mail address as dynamic content directly but creating the variable in the flow works perfectly and is still easy enough.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,289)