cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianCCampbell
Resolver I
Resolver I

Custom Connector and data type issue dropping trailing zero

I created a custom connector to be used in a PowerApp that connects to an API that takes the following parameter (as a query in the URL):

sv=1.0

The data type is an integer and when I put the default value in for the parameter and test it, the value is input is getting changed to 1

If I run the test for the connector as 1 I receive an authorization failure. If I change the value from 1 to 1.0 on the test screen for that parameter it executes the test successfully. 

Thinking it is no big deal I saved the connector and added it to a PowerApp to test. PowerApps has the same behavior as I specify 1.0 as the value for the integer and it strips it back to 1 and I receive an authorization failure. I even tried formatting the number as Text(1,"0.0") which shows 1.0 but comes across as a string rather than text. If I further try this Value(Text(1,"0.0")) it comes out a just 1.

I would really like to fix this upstream (in the custom connector) to not have to deal with it in the PowerApp but am at a loss. Is this a browser behavior "helping" me by stripping the decimal off the 1.0 when I go from one screen to another? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianCCampbell
Resolver I
Resolver I

I found a solution. There is a policy section on the left-hand side of the screen (Actions,Triggers,References,Policies) and there I was able to create a policy that overrode the value query parameter. Not really sure why it worked there but not in the default of the parameter - but I will take it! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrianCCampbell
Resolver I
Resolver I

I found a solution. There is a policy section on the left-hand side of the screen (Actions,Triggers,References,Policies) and there I was able to create a policy that overrode the value query parameter. Not really sure why it worked there but not in the default of the parameter - but I will take it! 

View solution in original post

sbmtekade

Hello @BrianCCampbell,

can you please provide the reference how we can create the policy to overrode the value query parameter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,038)