cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

D365 when a record is created updated or deleted filter attributes

Hello!

I have a "when a record is created updated or deleted" trigger on the Common Data Service, with a filter attribute for a field ("hmn_monitoringstatus") on my entity ("contact").

Before: the flow would trigger when the field was changed to a certain value (177710001) and send an email.

Now: I have added a new value (805270001) and want to send a different email on that value -- however, the flow doesn't trigger when I set this new value.

Why isn't it triggering on the new value? 

Some notes:

• I'm not using the odata filter on the trigger:
  • entity.png
  • The flow simply does not trigger when I set any OTHER value than 177710001.
  • There is a condition that is the next step that handles the email -- but the flow itself isn't triggered, so it never gets there, but for notes, here's the condition:
  • condition1.png

Let me know if I can add anything else! 

But what am I missing here? Why isn't it triggering on the any other value than the one originally programmed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @JosephCrockett,

Just to double check. Do you have trigger conditions in the settings of your trigger action?

triggerconditions.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @JosephCrockett,

Just to double check. Do you have trigger conditions in the settings of your trigger action?

triggerconditions.png

View solution in original post

That was exactly it!

I didn't write the flow originally, so I didn't know it was there. I know to look next time!

Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JosephCrockett, sometimes I forget them too, even when I have configured them myself 😁 These settings are not very noticeable.

Great to hear that this fixed it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,118)