cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsr51
Regular Visitor

Data Gateway SQL Connector Connectivity Issue

I have a flow that at some point updates an on-premise database using the SQL Connector.  The flow has been in production for 3 days now. Today I noticed that one of the runs had failed. Upon inspecting the run error, it says -

The gateway is either offline or could not be reached. Inner exception: Gateway on endpoint sb://wabi-south-central-us-relay22.servicebus.windows.net/... is unreachable. The Microsoft.ServiceBus.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

This errored on the SQL connector at the moment it's supposed to update the on-premise SQL database through the on-premise Microsoft Data Gateway. 

Is there a way I could check to see if the SQL connector succeeded or not? And if not, perhaps put a 1 or 2 minute delay and try it again?  I'm looking for a way to solve it for when there is a failure.  

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
gsr51
Regular Visitor

Just wanted to add, the output response when the SQL connector update fails is below.

Could I use a Compose somehow to check for status 404 and insert a delay before trying it again?

{

"status": 404,

"message": "The gateway is either offline or could not be reached.\r\n     inner exception: Gateway on endpoint '<ii>sb://wabi-south-central-us-relay22.servicebus.windows.net/d0f40bee-8e70-4a18-9981-0c2d9ae131b5/</ii>' is unreachable.\r\n         inner exception: The communication object, Microsoft.ServiceBus.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.\r\nclientRequestId: 16c3e290-7d31-4712-9258-d9160fed2fb3",

"error": {

"message": "The gateway is either offline or could not be reached.\r\n     inner exception: Gateway on endpoint '<ii>sb://wabi-south-central-us-relay22.servicebus.windows.net/d0f40bee-8e70-4a18-9981-0c2d9ae131b5/</ii>' is unreachable.\r\n         inner exception: The communication object, Microsoft.ServiceBus.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state."

},

"source": "sql-cus.azconn-cus.p.azurewebsites.net"

}

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @gsr51 ,

Try the below:

1. Upgrade the data gateway to the latest version
  2. Try to restart the gateway service or reboot 
  3. Try to uninstall the gateway then restart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,309)