cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paul_culmsee
Level 8

Does PowerApps/Flow custom connection support OpenAPI path parameters?

One for the Engineering Team: Does PowerApps/Flow custom connection support OpenAPI path parameters? 

I am using a lot of custom connectors utilising OpenAPI files. It works terrific and opens PowerApps and Flow to many useful scenarios. I often use them between PowerApps and flow to get aroubnd limitations with the native PowerApps trigger in Flow.

I note that the OpenAPI standard supports path paramters.. eg

https://swagger.io/docs/specification/describing-parameters/#path-parameters

paths:
/users/{id}:

I also notice that the Custom Connector plumbing for Flow and PowerApps seems to have support for it... eg:

PathParam Example.PNG

Now I use custom connectors with flow to get around limitations with the PowerApps trigger for Flow. I use a Request trigger instead and OpenAPI allows me to send rich media to Flow. Use-cases include sending photos and audio from PowerApps to flow.

Now each flow has a unique instance, so it is a good candidate for a path parameter. Ie when I made a new data connection, I'd like to be able to pass in the flow instance to make the data connection re-usable... eg:

instead of:

"paths": {
"/64f1d6xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8121/triggers/manual/paths/invoke": {

I have:

"paths": {
"{flow instance}/triggers/manual/paths/invoke": {

I also am using the QnAMaker API using custom connection and like Flow it has instance ID's... When I try and use the OpenAPI file I get this error:

The request failed with error: 'Parsing error(s): JSON is valid against more than one schema from 'oneOf'. No valid schemas. Path 'paths./{connectionId}/knowledgebases/{nstance-id}/generateAnswer.post.parameters[1]', line 72, position 12.'. The tracking Id is '960ec6a2-0a4f-4f9c-86a7-91518f4885a3'.

I am pretty sure my OpenAPI file is set up right. So I am hoping someone from the engineering can tell me this is supported.

regards

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Does PowerApps/Flow custom connection support OpenAPI path parameters?

Hi @paul_culmsee,

Yes, the path parameter is supported, check the following blog for more details:

Create your custom intergrations in Microsoft Flwo using our new and improved Custom API experience

Quoted:

"

When creating the request, you can set the HTTP verb, the request URL, query or path parameters, headers and the body. More details on sending request through Postman are available here.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
paul_culmsee
Level 8

Re: Does PowerApps/Flow custom connection support OpenAPI path parameters?

That is awesome news! So the next question is do you have a sample openAPI or postman file I can use to see why I am getting the aforementioned error?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,146)