cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eliot
Level: Powered On

Does The Mail Connector Move 'Outside' of the Microsoft Infrastructure?

I have a slight data concern and that is whether or not the mail connect (when used) operates outside of the microsoft infrastructure when used either purely in one tenancy, or between two tenancies.

Obviously I'd accept if it were being sent to a google account we'd have issues, but if it's just ms to ms, that's OK, right?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Does The Mail Connector Move 'Outside' of the Microsoft Infrastructure?

Hi @Eliot,

In Exchange Server, mail flow occurs through the transport pipeline. The transport pipeline is a collection of services, connections, components, and queues that work together to route all messages to the categorizer in the Transport service on an Exchange Mailbox server inside the organization. For more information:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/mail-flow?view=exchserver-2019

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Eliot

Hi, @v-litu-msft , much obliged.

Lemme read up on that before assigning any acceptance of it, however I believe that there needs to perhaps be a little more clarity, here.

I specifically didn't mention 365 because I was talking about the literally named "mail" connector. To be clear, as far as this goes, I'm concerned about the mail connector on the left here:

quickflow.jpg

It looks like something that sits outside of the MS infrastructure, plus it changes some links to Sendy (or something) links.

980Panama

I would also like to know more about how this connector works. I was using the V2 version and the hyperlinks to a sharepoint list were formatted nicely just as I would expect. Now it has been moved over to using V3 the hyperlinks which look fine even in the flow outputs are showing as http://u3088939.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click? with long strings showing afterwards which is not user friendly - I have changed the format to Html but I would like to know why this change has happened and what ct.sendgrid.net is.

Highlighted
980Panama

I have just noticed this message comes up from emails sent with the outlook connector also so is not specific to the Mail Connector

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (5,433)