cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rilsina
Level: Powered On

Does When a file is deleted in SharePoint trigger run only if user has site owner rights?

Hi,

I have written a flow to run on " When a file is deleted", trigger of SharePoint.

However i got the below error

"Only Site Collection Admins are allowed to use this trigger."

I made myself (the SharePoint member) as an owner of SharePoint site and it worked. 

Is this a limitation where only delete by site admins, can run this trigger.
Is it possible that when a SharePoint user deletes a file, the flow trigger will work. 
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Does When a file is deleted in SharePoint trigger run only if user has site owner rights?

Hi @Rilsina 

Yes, there's indeed a limitation. Please check this other post for a description:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/When-an-item-is-deleted-in-sharepoint-trigger-error/...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Does When a file is deleted in SharePoint trigger run only if user has site owner rights?

Hi @Rilsina ,

This trigger is really only available in the Site Collection Admins, but this is an Automated trigger, which is triggered automatically, as long as someone deletes the items in the specified list.

So if a user with corresponding permissions creates a Flow using this trigger, once an item is deleted, the Flow will trigger. The user who deleted the item does not matter whether it is Site Collection Admins.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rilsina 

Yes, there's indeed a limitation. Please check this other post for a description:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/When-an-item-is-deleted-in-sharepoint-trigger-error/...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rilsina ,

This trigger is really only available in the Site Collection Admins, but this is an Automated trigger, which is triggered automatically, as long as someone deletes the items in the specified list.

So if a user with corresponding permissions creates a Flow using this trigger, once an item is deleted, the Flow will trigger. The user who deleted the item does not matter whether it is Site Collection Admins.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (9,798)