cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admweb79
Level: Powered On

Dropbox action API call doesnt show all folders can this be modified

When I try to select a folder within my dropbox action, its shows only some folders - I now know this is because the API call to dropbox API /2/files/list_folder cant ftech all folders in one response, so a further call via /2/files/list_folder/continue is needed so I can view all the folders and seelct the appropriate action folder.

Is there any way for me to add this extra API call in so I can get the full list of folders to choose from? Could this be added using a new step?

Any help appreciated!!

Aaron

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dropbox action API call doesnt show all folders can this be modified

Hi @admweb79 ,

Could you share more details on your flow? How is it created?

From your description, it seems that not all the Dropbox folders display when you try to select the folder from Flow. What are these disappeared folders?

If you are using Dropbox action list files in folder, you could only select one specific folder per time.

1.PNG

Please share more details on this issue for better understanding.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
admweb79

Hi Mabel,

Here's my flow:-

1 Dropbox trigger - 'when file is created' (this is to watch a folder for new files)

2 Action - SFTP 'Create file' (this then sends a copy to my designtaed web server via the SFTP connection)

Problem is - the first step - 'trigger' as this uses the 'MS FLOW' API connection to list the folders for me to be able to select one (it only shows 3 folders because the drobox API that MS Flow connects with to list the folders has a limit, so its not showing my other 3 folders. Is there another step I can add, or can I add extra API parameters to make another API /API/2/list-folders/continue call to retrieve my other folders.

Hope this makes sense, sorry its not letting me add a screenshot!

admweb79

Hi @v-yamao-msft sorry forgot to mention you!

Any help much appreciated.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @admweb79 ,

You mentioned that “the dropbox API that MS Flow connects with to list the folders has a limit”, have you set any limits on this?

I have made another test by adding multiple folders, however, they all displayed when selecting from the file browser control.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,814)