cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Dynamics 365 Microsoft.OData.ODataException

I have built a very simple Dynamics 365 Flow - when a lead record is created in one org create a new lead record in another org in the same tenant. System admin rights in both orgs.

This is the error.

{
"status": 400,
"message": "An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Does not support untyped value in non-open type.\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.DeserializationHelpers.ApplyProperty(ODataProperty property, IEdmStructuredTypeReference resourceType, Object resource, ODataDeserializerProvider deserializerProvider, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataEntityDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ReadResource(ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)",
"source": "XXXXXXX.crm.dynamics.com",
"errors": [],
"debugInfo": "clientRequestId: dfef65ad-d593-4f4f-a5a7-52b05611aabf"
}

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics 365 Microsoft.OData.ODataException

Hi @crminnovation,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

The error message told that there is something wrong with the input parameters that you provided within the "When a record is created" trigger or the "Create a new record" action of your flow. You provided a unsupported untyped value in the non-open type field.

Please check if you have filled proper value within the "When a record is created" trigger or the "Create a new record" action. I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please also check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45948893/odata-v4-error-does-not-support-untyped-value-in-non-op...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
priyank014
Level: Power Up

Re: Dynamics 365 Microsoft.OData.ODataException

This error indicates that the json you are trying to post contains a property that does not exist on an entity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Users online (5,938)