cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dynamics 365 XRM Report Renderer

Hi all,

 

I really want to be able produce PDF reports from Dynamics CRM via a Power Automate Flow and it would appear that Bob Guidinger's XRM Report Renderer at https://github.com/bguidinger/Xrm.ReportScheduler should do exactly what I want.

I've installed it as best I can as per the documentation where some of the steps appear to have changed but I cannot for the life of me get it to render any of my reports.

On installation I can test the connections ok and it will render some of the system reports ok but the moment I try to render any of my reports whether they are created via the Report Wizard or SSRS I get the following error...

{
  "error": {
    "code": "0x80040265",
    "message": "Something went wrong: Error while getting report session.  This is most likely an issue with invalid report parameters."
  }
}

 

The reports I've created should not require any parameters.

Can anyone provide evidence of getting this solution working with Dynamics 9.1 and perhaps an example of how they passed parameters to a simple SSRS report? I've tried as per https://github.com/bguidinger/Xrm.ReportScheduler/issues/41 without success.

My basic SSRS report simply grabbed the first 10 accounts and their email addresses and no parameters - yet the Report Render still complains...
Screenshot 2020-09-15 140102.png

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

<bump>
So no-one else has attempted to use this plugin or they too gave up after tearing their hair out?

Highlighted

Hi @timwelch 

 

I'm in the same boat as you I'm afraid. It seems to be some sort of issue with the authentication attempt? If you turn on Plugin Trace Log in CRM you might see a more detailed error. Mine always shows something similar to this:


<OriginalException>PluginExecution</OriginalException>
<TraceText>
2020-09-24 12:24:19.419 - Starting execution.
2020-09-24 12:24:19.419 - Authenticating....
2020-09-24 12:24:19.575 - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
2020-09-24 12:24:19.575 - Stopping execution.
</TraceText>
</OrganizationServiceFault>

I've tried several ways to update the source code to see if I can workaround it but it fails with that same "something went wrong" error every time. In my research so far it seems like starting at version 9.1 no one has gotten this to work save a guy on GitHub who said, "The error is coming from the initial authentication, get the source code and change the authentication to the type used in MB-400". But of course I can't find whatever authentication type was used and he says he forgot...

Highlighted

Hey @phildrake198 

 

I was getting this error but I removed and completely reinstalled the solution adding a user that didn't require MFA and now this part of it works.

 

My only problem now is being able to pass parameters to the function which work fine on system reports but fail on anything else including reports that shouldn't require parameters. I've used the Plugin Trace Log but it doesn't give me any more detail other than it doesn't like the parameters I've giving it.

 

Cheers, Tim

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

 

Yes I can confirm that I had the same issue. We use a Single Sign on Provider and this was effecting the POST_RenderReport API Call.

 

I setup a service Account on the Environment which did not utilise SSO and added the service account to the managed solution configuration.

 

My flow now works correctly. I haven't experimented with parameters as yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (4,697)