cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SaWu
Level 8

Dynamics 365 permissions/security role for Dynamics (standard) connector in Flow

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

I am trying to create a Flow for creating records of a custom entity in Dynamics using a limited permissions/security role account.
The reason for this is that I am using a http trigger which, in theory, exposes our CRM to the outside world via the Dynamics action inside my flow.
I have essentially followed this article for the limited permissions account:
https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/archive/2016/11/24/minimum-privileges-required-to-log...
I have already succesfully tested that the limited permssions account can log in and create records of my custom entity through directly accessing the Dynamics website.

Here are some screenshots of the permissions set for my limited permissions account:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png
Finally, these are the permissions for the custom entity I am trying to create records for with my limited permissions account.

image.png

I have granted the limited permissions account no further permissions other than those depicted in the screenshots.

However, I have apparently not set enough permission as the Dynamics 365 Create Record action in Flow does not list any organizations/entities to choose from.

image.png

Trying to build the same flow using a system administrator account of the same organization my limited permissions account belongs to, the action works fine and lists the organization and entities.

image.png

My question

1. Which additional permissions do I have to assign to the security role of my limited permissions account for the Create Record Dynamics action to list the right organization work in Flow?
1 REPLY 1
SaWu
Level 8

Re: Dynamics 365 permissions/security role for Dynamics (standard) connector in Flow

Hmm, for some reason or other, without making any more changes, it works now.
Maybe I just needed to wait for the security role permissions to propagate to Flow?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,910)