cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Embed comments in email

I have designed a flow that sends a document to a group of users for review via email. If recipients approve the document, the sender will receive approval emails and if recipients rejects, sender will receive rejection emails. 

Is there a way for the recipients to add comments in the rejection email?

Right now, the recipient simply receives an two options: Accept and Reject. In case, recipient wants to reject, there is no way to describe the changes that needs to be made for approval.

approval_1.PNG

approval_2.PNG

Any out of the box ideas are welcome

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

@flowuser-21 

You should consider using the Start and Wait for an approval action rather than the Send email with options action.  The approval email allows for the inclusion of comments when accepting or rejecting. 

You say that you send the email to a group of users. The structure of your approval Flow depends on how you want the approval to be processed - do you require the approval of all the approvers?  Do you want a response from each approver?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearerThanks for the prompt response. 

I want a response from each approver and if the approver decides to reject the document, they should be able to include comments.

I'll try Start and Wait for an Approval connector and let you know how it works.

@ScottShearer 

The default approval action fails. 

I'm attaching the screenshot of the error.

approval_3.PNG

@flowuser-21 

Documentation on using approvals can be found here.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi @flowuser-21 ,

From the error message, it seems that the Approval action cannot be used in the current environment because the Common Data Service database cannot be created.

Please try using this action in the default environment or an environment that environment name includes Upgrade.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft 

@ScottShearer 

I tried creating another environment to make this work but there seems to be an error.

env.PNG

How should I upgrade my license? or what's exactly wrong

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (81,432)