cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error 404 Google Sheets that i am an editor for (not the owner)

Hi Guys,

I'm creating a flow that uses Microsoft forms, after submitting, sending an email through outlook to a specific email group then updates a google sheet by adding a row.

The problem i am having is that the specific google sheet is giving me an error 404 not found.  I am not the owner of this sheet but i have editor permission.  I've tested this flow with my own google sheet and it worked fine.  I can't find any reason why it won't find this specific file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error 404 Google Sheets that i am an editor for (not the owner)

Hi @VarunNayak ,

Actually, we cannot get the file from the shared folder, when we configuring Google sheets action.

But when I tested, I found that if the shared file is moved to the My folder directory, this file can be found using File browse to select the file, so this method is recommended.

Shared.gif

If this method does not work with you, I am afraid there is currently no other suitable method to get the shared file. Maybe you could consider setting yourself as the owner and you will get the file when configuring the action.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VarunNayak ,

Could you provide the screenshot of the flow configuration and flow run history?

It seems that you are filling the incorrect Row id in Update row action so it has no way to find a matching row in the sheet.

If you could create a Google sheet connection and get the file from file browse and choose the worksheet from the dropdown list, It means that you have sufficient permissions to edit this sheet.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response.

Im sure i have the row ID correct because i just cut and paste.  I've done the same thing with my test sheet.  The sheet i'm trying to automate i already am an editor to.  Is there another group of permissions i need to look into ?  Do i need to be the owner ?

I definitely cant see it in the drop down selection.

FLOW1.png

This is the file i want to change... 

FLOW2.png

This is my test file.

**Edit** Just to make sure i understand.  I can edit and share both files.  Test 1 2020 is one that i am an owner of, Daily Task Sheet 2020 is one that i am only editor of.  Is there another difference i am overlooking here ?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VarunNayak ,

Please try to move the shared file to My Drive folder in Google Drive, then you could find this file from file browse when configuring Insert row action.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply.

I've created a copy into my drive.  I still get schema validation failure.

Edit**

Just to add, I still can't see the original file.  When i copy over i've created a copy of the mast file rather than just that file.  I can create a shortcut into my google drive but i cant move the master file into my drive.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VarunNayak ,

Actually, we cannot get the file from the shared folder, when we configuring Google sheets action.

But when I tested, I found that if the shared file is moved to the My folder directory, this file can be found using File browse to select the file, so this method is recommended.

Shared.gif

If this method does not work with you, I am afraid there is currently no other suitable method to get the shared file. Maybe you could consider setting yourself as the owner and you will get the file when configuring the action.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help.

It looks like you need to be the owner.  Can't do it otherwise.  My work around is to build something similar and replace the owners system and has some added automation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,663)