cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error 500 - Transform Data using Power Query

Hello,

I have a series of flows that connect to an Azure SQL database via the 'Transform Data using Power Query' function in Power Automate. 

These have been running as expected until yesterday. They now all fail at this step with an error message: 

"The remote name could not be resolved: 'dummy.powerquery.microsoft.com'".

I've tried creating a new flow from scratch but I get this error when saving it:

The dynamic operation request to API 'sql' operation 'SqlGetPassThroughPQMetadata' failed with status code 'InternalServerError'. Error response: { "error": { "code": 500, "message": "The remote name could not be resolved: 'dummy.powerquery.microsoft.com'", "source": "canada-001.azure-apim.net", "path": "choose\\when[1]\\forward-request", "clientRequestId": "d7661ded-3bc0-4bfe-8d74-574f9e51ae25" } }

I have no idea where the 'dummy' remote name is coming from -- I have not seen this before I started getting the error yesterday.

I am still able to access the data and manipulate it as expected from inside Power Query, it just does not work when actually running the flow.

How do I determine what my 'remote name' is or how do I change it?

Thank you in advance!
Matt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 500 - Transform Data using Power Query

I created a ticket with Microsoft to solve this and it looks like my Access Token to the Azure Database expired.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @NuttyPistons 

If you haven't changed any Azure service domain names (custom your own ones) then raise a ticket with Microsoft Support team. Also you could try creating a new flow to check whether it can connect your Azure SQL database.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I created a ticket with Microsoft to solve this and it looks like my Access Token to the Azure Database expired.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,504)