cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucasMartins
Level: Powered On

Error creating FTP connection in Flow

Hi all,

A few months ago I created a FTP connection for one of my flows and everything was working perfectly. Now the flow using this connection started to present an error. When I tried to create the connection again, I started to get this error: "Unable to connect to the remote server: 'ftp.XXXX.com.br'. Please verify server logs to troubleshoot connection issues". 

I've whitelisted all the possible IPs Flow might be using, considering the environment region I'm using.

One test that worked only once was to create a new environment with a different region. In this case Flow was able to connect to the FTP server at the first time. Although, when trying to reconnect, it didn't work anymore.

Does anyone have been through this issue or have any clue on how to solve it?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Error creating FTP connection in Flow

Do you have access to the FTP server and can you check the logs there? Can you create an FTP connection with the server outside of Flow?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
LucasMartins

Yes, outside flow and using the same credentials the connection works perfectly.

Regarding the logs, I don't have access.

Highlighted
LucasMartins

[UPDATE]

I tried to set the connection using wrong credentials in order to test if the problem was within my user. At the first time Flow presented a message of "invalid credentials". All the next tentatives returned the "Unable to connect to the remote server" error.

Seems like Flow is not even being able to reach my FTP server.

Super User
Super User

Is your FTP server on-premises inside a firewall?  Remember the Flow will be coming from the cloud, not your local network.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
LucasMartins

Yes, it is inside a firewall. Although, I've whitelisted all the IPs necessary for MS Flow, according to the documentation. Even more, we got to the point of opening the firewall for every IP so we could test if the connection would be successful.

We also performed a test using an external network. In this test we were able to connect to the FTP from outside Flow, but not from inside.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LucasMartins ,

Please check the following doc on Microsoft (MS) Flow SFTP connector tips, tricks, and errors:

https://blog.neilsabol.site/post/microsoft-ms-flow-sftp-connector-tips-tricks-errors/

Hope it could be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Mabel          

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LucasMartins

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,

Thank you for your response.

I'm using the standard FTP connector, not the SFTP. I believe the only useful tip on the link you mentioned is the IP Firewall rules, which I've already whitelisted.

Anyway, thank you!

I'm attaching my connection details with the error presented.

FTP Connection.PNG

Furthermore, at some point Flow presented this error:

"Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: Error from token exchange: The connection (europe-001/ftp/20a441b618f640e08b54131387495c30) is not found. Please create new connection and change your application to use the new connection."

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 78 members 4,569 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: