cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error in Power Automate Flow When Using Custom Connector -requires the property 'body' to be of type 'String' but is of type 'Object'

I have created a Custom Connector that has a single "GetIssues" action.  The action tests fine within the Custom Connector creator.

When I try to use the action in a very simple flow I get the following error: 

The API 'opticsjira' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'GetIssues' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetIssues' requires the property 'body' to be of type 'String' but is of type 'Object'.'

The swagger for the custom connector looks like this:

NOTE:  I also tried with produces set to 'application/json', but I got the same error.

swagger: '2.0'
info: {version: 1.0.0, title: Optics JIRA, description: 'An API to connect to Optics
    JIRA, providing the ability to a list of issues returned by a given filter.'}
host: xxx-jira.xxx.com
basePath: /
schemes: [https]
consumes: []
produces: [text/plain]
    paths:
        /rest/api/2/search:
    get:
        summary: GetIssues
        description: Get JIRA Issues with a specific JQL
        operationId: GetIssues
        parameters:
            - {name: jql, default: project=PSSTOOLS, in: query, type: string, required: true,
                description: The JQL string to search for the issues you want to get}
        responses:
            '200':
                description: '200'
                schema: {type: string}
definitions: {}
parameters: {}
responses: {}
securityDefinitions:
basic_auth: {type: basic}
security:
    - basic_auth: []
tags: []

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error in Power Automate Flow When Using Custom Connector -requires the property 'body' to be of type 'String' but is of type 'Object'

Thanks for getting back to me.  I finally got it to work.  I think what finally worked was putting {} into my "body" in my postman definition which I uploaded to create the connector.  I think if I left it blank it treated it as "null" which is an object?  Not sure though, but it is working now.

This action did not require a body but I guess it is necessary to pass an empty body anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Error in Power Automate Flow When Using Custom Connector -requires the property 'body' to be of type 'String' but is of type 'Object'

Hi @krobertson7153 

Do you still need help in this?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me.  I finally got it to work.  I think what finally worked was putting {} into my "body" in my postman definition which I uploaded to create the connector.  I think if I left it blank it treated it as "null" which is an object?  Not sure though, but it is working now.

This action did not require a body but I guess it is necessary to pass an empty body anyway.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (7,311)