cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Error on saving Sharepoint list workflow with look up field

Hi, I am trying to write a flow on a Sharepoint list which has looks up fields referencing two other sharepoint lists and am getting the following error when trying to save the workflow.

Flow save failed with code 'DynamicOperationRequestClientFailure' and message 'The dynamic operation request to API 'sharepointonline' operation 'GetTable' failed with status code 'BadRequest'. This may indicate invalid input parameters. Error response: { "status": 400, "message": "The required field \"Project\" data type is not supported\r\nclientRequestId: 80014255-08db-43e0-b440-06e5a8bef106\r\nserviceRequestId: 80014255-08db-43e0-b440-06e5a8bef106" }'.

First question - I assume that Automate can handle lookups to multiple other lists and is not limited to one? 

My scenario is: 

Process Governance list - has look up to Master Project list, and also has fields to look up Master Process list. 

All the flow has atm is this 

Ian_C_0-1601046316788.png

and the error occurs when trying to save at this point.

The field that is being referenced in the error message 'Project' lives on a master list and is not a required field on that list. It may or may not be blank on the master list depending on other fields in the master list.

The child list "Process Governance" has a look up field "Project" which is a required field and looks up to the Project field in the master list

The Master Process list does not contain a Project field at all.

I am a bit confused by the error message as it references the data type

The required field \"Project\" data type is not supported\

Hope this is not too confusing
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Error on saving Sharepoint list workflow with look up field

@Ian_C 

Hey Mate,

>>I am a bit confused by the error message as it references the data type. The required field \"Project\" data type is not supported\

• In SharePoint Open the list settings for the Process Governance list.
  • Select the 'Project' column.
  • Select 'no' for Require that this column contains information.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Ian_C 

Hey Mate,

>>I am a bit confused by the error message as it references the data type. The required field \"Project\" data type is not supported\

• In SharePoint Open the list settings for the Process Governance list.
  • Select the 'Project' column.
  • Select 'no' for Require that this column contains information.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @CFernandes ,
many thanks this has sorted it. I guess it was the "not supported" that threw me

Thanks again

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Ian_C Hey mate, I am glad that your problem has been resolved. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,386)