cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmckinney

Error when adding field of type choice

I am trying to do a simple module from power automate training but nothing works as the demo does. Like trying to add fields to my flow from in the stage option clicking the link for adding fields and forms brings me to this page.

Screenshot (30).png

with no ability to add fields like I see in demo screen shots, instead i have to manually navigate to power apps solutions to access the ability to add columns (fields). Adding any data type works except the exercise calls for New Option Set, which i assume means a choice or choices type. that being said i need to create my own custom entries so I choose new choice

Screenshot (31).png

and add in my data

Screenshot (32).png

and then 90% of the time I'm greeted with the error you see below

Screenshot (33).png

I have tried many variations of using choice vs choices, renaming the data different from the variable name and I'm getting nowhere in understanding what is going wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@tmckinney 

Instead of the making the changes on the default solution, try creating a new custom solution for yourself.

Create the required entities inside the custom solution and in that try creating the option set or modifying other fields.

The behavior of a default solution is completely different from that of a custom solution.

You can also try going to Data --> Entities --> Search for entity on which you want to add the option set and select done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

tmckinney

I am trying to follow this demo if that helps https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/advanced-business-process-flows/6-exercise but i do not have the option in data for entities much like i do not have he option to add fields in forms and fields. in addition a custom solution does not have the option to add a business flow but allows me to add other flows. it seems i am missing many features or training is out of date from the current state of Power Automate. I am very new to the platform i appreciate the assistance and patience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (6,339)