cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amelsom85
Frequent Visitor

Error with When a New Email Arrive_(v3) - Not supported

Hi,

I'm trying to use the trigger When A New Email Arrives (v3) to trigger a flow that gets the mail and the attachments and downloads them, but when i try and save this flow i get the error;

The workflow run action 'When_a_new_email_arrives_(V3)' has type 'ApiConnectionNotification' that is not supported.

Below is a screenshot of the flow and the error message, this did seem to be working on Friday. 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi

This is what we did to get the solution.

1. Declare two string variables for the comparison.

2. Use the Name dynamic property from SharePoint List

3. Use expression toLower() for both string comparison

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @amelsom85 

The reason for the error is under your parallel branch you have a trigger called when an email is received. You can't have multiple triggers in Power Automate. Not sure why it allows to add as an action step? 

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amelsom85,

Actually, there is no workable to add the trigger "When a new email arrives" under an existed trigger.

For your requirements, you should create two Flows to approach it, one is "When a response submit", the other is "When a new email arrives", and create store attachments action in the second Flow.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks I’ve looked at ways around this. The issue I have is that I need the files to be put into a folder that is named from the response is submitted form so it names a job number a name and a client name. The only way I can see to get the references ia to make this in the same flow so I can use the compose functions to compose the folder name I want it to find using the control condition (contains) unless there is a way to get this in a different flow? Or reference a difference a flow so I can match the name of the folder and put the files in the right place.

Hi @amelsom85 

Another option is think about splitting as two flows.  Flow support child flows.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2019wave2/power-automate/call-child-flo...

https://www.serverless360.com/blog/using-run-child-flow-action-to-call-nested-flows

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

amelsom85
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have a work around that takes the subject of an email and stripes the RE:Technical Response - Code - Event - Client and then composes that, then it runs a condition on the folder list to find the folder named the name Code - Event - Client, but for some reason the condition will not match them, even though they are both the same name, any suggests this would solve my issue, or am i better off calling the child flow? I also don't have the Run a Child Flow as an option as well. 

I think i may have the same issue as i need to reference the new folder the Child flow would create to be able to populate, below are the two images, from of the flow and one of what output of the flow.

Any suggestions of why it might not match, I've tried using Equals and Contains, i'm not quite sure of the difference on those conditions though. 

2.PNG1.PNG

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @amelsom85 

Comparisons are case sensitive. Try ToLower expression on both sides of the condition and try.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

amelsom85
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Could you explain a bit more on this? When i check the composed response the case sensitivity both match, folder name is the same etc, i'm not sure how to implement the ToLower command? 

Just to confirm this is the folder it needs to find and this is the output of the compose 

3ure.PNG

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @amelsom85 

Click expression, type ToLower()

image.png

Place the cursor between the two brackets of toLower(). Next click Dynamic content tab and select your dynamic field.

image.png

Click ok

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

amelsom85
Frequent Visitor

hi so i did this and it does lower the text but i don't understand how that helps the condition match? it means the text is now a different format to the what it is try to match in the folder structure, which is always a Number - Event - Client, the same details that come in from the email subject are what create the folder.

The folder is created from a Jotform submissions that populates the folder name with the Number - Event - Client detail's the email that it is reading from is populated from the same information so they will always match, but for some reason the condition is reading it properly, and because it only returns a false expressions i can't tell what it is trying to match. 

Hi @amelsom85 

In these situations I generally use the below debugging technique.

image.png

Above your IF condition add a new Compose step and map the tolower() expression of DisplayName, then declare another compose and add tolower() expression for subject. Map the outputs of the compose under the IF condition. Run the flow and check the run history and see what values are returning.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi

This is what we did to get the solution.

1. Declare two string variables for the comparison.

2. Use the Name dynamic property from SharePoint List

3. Use expression toLower() for both string comparison

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

amelsom85
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help on this, it was brilliant and this is all now working correctly. 

Hi, I have similar issue with the error obtained as below.

laychlim_0-1628819358328.png

When I use the trigger 'When a new email arrives (V3)', I was able to save the attachment from the email into on-premise data storage (shared drive). However when I added the recurrence connector, this error occurs. Not sure how I can solve my problem. My same recurrence flow worked when saving attachment to cloud storage eg (OneDrive or SharePoint). Here's the comparison of my flow

I was able to save my attachment from Outlook email into Shared Drive. Tested working. This is the flow that’s working. I was able to pass the output from email the 'Attachment' in the next step.

laychlim_2-1628819774659.jpeg

However when I tried to use my working scheduled flow created with OneDrive and SharePoint by just adding the recurrence connector, it didn’t work with Shared Drive. Error occurred.  Now the 'Attachment' I select as output changed automatically to value and error occurs.

laychlim_5-1628819774666.jpeg

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,784)