cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChadVKealey
Level 10

Excel (Business) - List rows present in a table: 256 row limit, any way around it?

I know with some of the other Excel "get rows" or "get tables" actions, there is a "Maximum Get Count" property that can be increased to 2048. However, the "List rows present in a table (Preview)" action does not have that property. There is a "Top Count" property, which I've set to 2048 (see below), but the Flow I'm using is still only getting 256 rows from the file. In this file, there are typically going to be 1,000 or fewer rows, so this would be an ideal solution if I could get around the 256-row limit. Any help would be appreciated.

2018-05-16_16-25-31.png

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel (Business) - List rows present in a table: 256 row limit, any way around it?

Hi @  ChadVKealey,

The action "List rows present in a table" of Excel (Business) connector have the 256 rows limit in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like the limit of action "List rows present in a table" of Excel (Business) connector would be 2048 rows,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

rrranta
Level: Powered On

Re: Excel (Business) - List rows present in a table: 256 row limit, any way around it?

What happened to the "Get Rows" option? It worked really well, now I don't see it anymore. We only see "List rows present in a table"

Thanks

RobinV86

I am having the exact same issue. This is really frustrating! Any way around this? 

Franck_Garcia

Same issue and still no fix from Microsoft Smiley Sad

Highlighted
BSouthby

You can get more rows returned by setting a higher value for the pagination settings.

1. Go to "List rows present in table" action
  2. Select the options elipses ("...")
  3. Select 'Settings'
  4. Enable Pagination
  5. Set an appropriate row limit

ListRows _ Microsoft Flow.png

ListRows _ Microsoft Flow.Settings.png

Franck_Garcia

Hi BSouthby,

I have tested it with 400 rows. It worked.

Thank you !

BSouthby

@Franck_Garcia, you're welcome!

JACK_LAI

@BSouthby 

Thank you for your direction , after I modify this config , it can get my excel data more than 256 rows !!!!

20190920-3.JPG

BSouthby

Great news @JACK_LAI !  Good luck with your Flows!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 378 members 5,558 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: