cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Excel File Picker not working in Chrome

Excel File Name Show Picker button not working in Chrome or Edge.

I added a Get Rows Action, but cannot select the file I want to use.

Clicking the "Show Picker" button does nothing at all.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Excel File Picker not working in Chrome

Hi Michowl,

I test this issue on my side, and the “Show picker” button works fine in “Get rows” and “Insert rows” actions with Chrome, IE, and Edge.
Could you please try with it and let me know if it also works on your side now?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Yes thanks, I do see that the issue has been resolved.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Additional detail: File Picker works fine when editing an old flow that already had the Excel Get Rows action (created in October 2016), just not new flows.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

If i save and close the flow. then come back to it, the file picker works. Still not working in new flow creation.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Michowl,

Thanks for your feedback. According to your description, I try to create a flow with the action “Get rows” from Excel table. I found that when I create a new flow with this action, “Show Picker” button doesn’t work, but it works when I back to it after I saved and closed the flow.

I will report this issue from my side and back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same issue for me in both Chrome and Edge. File picker does nothing. Both in Get Rows and Insert Rows actions.

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

This is an issue that we are aware of and the fix will be rolled out soon.

Thanks for reporting.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Michowl,

I test this issue on my side, and the “Show picker” button works fine in “Get rows” and “Insert rows” actions with Chrome, IE, and Edge.
Could you please try with it and let me know if it also works on your side now?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Yes thanks, I do see that the issue has been resolved.

Highlighted

This is still not working for me....so I don't think it is quite resolved.

Also, when I try to use the dynamic content it is hit or miss. 3/4 of the time it doesn't work and selecting the attributes does nothing. If I keep playing with it, sometimes it will work all of a sudden for a bit.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Barry

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Barry,

Could you provide the id of the flow having issues with the excel file picker? You can copy and paste the url of the flow designer page. It should look something like this: https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-72f988bf-86f1-41af-91ab-2d7cd011db47/flows/0d...

Best,

Mick

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@barrykohagan, you're right. I did notice today, that the file picker wasn't appearing.

However, unlike before, if I change focus to a different window, then click back to the Flow editor window, the file picker appears.

Highlighted

Hi,

I actually had to give up because it wouldn't let me save it without the proper formatting; which I couldn't do without the file picker.

Instead I am publishing to a SharePoint list in this flow:

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-9afb0412-a2e3-4cc4-8588-5460d339e250/flows/0a...

Are you able to see what you need in here? While you can't check on the issue with the Excel file picker (because I am no longer using Excel in this flow), maybe you can see that the dynamic content does not get pulled in properly, if at all, either.

Thanks for your help! I am very new to this, so please let me know if you need more information.

Barry

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@barrykohagan, to save the flow in those cases, select the "Custom value" option for the input and just type in whatever. Then you can reopen and select the excel file

Highlighted

OK – here is a new one:.

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-9afb0412-a2e3-4cc4-8588-5460d339e250/flows/5c...

File picker is still not working....even after I saved it with custom values and re-opened it.

Thanks for all of your help!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Barry,

On the top right of the excel card,press the ellipsis symbol and choose the non-selected connection under the "My connections" section (I think you have two there but if you don't feel free to create another one). The currently selected connection doesn't appear to be pointing to a valid storage service for excel, which is causing the file picker not to work.

Best,

Mick

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,368)