cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Excel insert rows to Table breaks table and formulas

I have a table in Excel that has formulas in half the columns. When I add a row in excel, the formulae are copied into the appropriate cells, and then I enter data into the other cells.

When I add rows to table via the Flow Excel Action "Add Rows", the rows are added below the table--where the footer is summing totals. This breaks the formulas in the footer.

Further, when I leave the columns that have existing formulas blank in Flow, they default to '0's. I'd like to be able to add rows without values and have those columns left empty. Which I hope/assume would follow the default Excel behavior of copying over formulas.

Finally, because of at least one of the above behaviors, my Excel file was "broken" and had to be repaired when I opened it. And of course, all the footer formulas were broken.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi michowl,

Just tried to create some simple workbooks and flows according to you description.

When you use flow to add rows to your excel and the footer is summing, then the formulas will break and I could not find and way to achieve this so far.

About formulas in excel will defaults to “0” after flow updates it, I also got the exactly the same result. I guess that it because Flow doesn’t support formula in Excel.

You could post your requirement in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,248)