Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaelH
Advocate III
Advocate III

Execute a SQL Query V2 - truncates data sets after any empty data set

Hi,

I am using "Execute a SQL Query v2" to send dynamic queries from Power Apps to Azure SQL.  The queries can return up to 5 different data sets (Table 1 to Table 5 in the response).  However, if any one of those datasets is empty then flow seems to truncate the balance.

e.g. If all 5 datasets contain data, then flow gets all 5 datasets back as Table 1 to Table 5

However, if Table 3 returned no rows, but Table 4 and 5 did return rows, then flow only gets Table 1 and Table 2 back - it seems to truncate Table 3, 4 and 5.

I would have thought it should send an empty dataset for Table 3 and then Table 4 and 5 as per usual.

Is this a bug? Is there something I can do to get around this?  I have to maintain the table identities as Table 1 - 5 because I have to define the response to PowerApps.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Lael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
katwan
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Lael, thanks for contacting PA for the issue. Yes, this is current "by-design" behavior. We have plan to fix it in our next release, but I dont have an ETA on that.

If possible, you can create a stored procedure for your native queries, which should return all empty/non-empty results as you expected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
katwan
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Lael, thanks for contacting PA for the issue. Yes, this is current "by-design" behavior. We have plan to fix it in our next release, but I dont have an ETA on that.

If possible, you can create a stored procedure for your native queries, which should return all empty/non-empty results as you expected.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (15,238)