cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expressions with a Sharepoint field

When i create an item in one list, i want to update a field in another list. Basically a number field and subtract 1. Is this Possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ joeyg5673,

Could you please share a screenshot of both the configuration of your sharepoint lists?

I have made a test on my side,and I have created two lists (mylist1,mylist2) in sharepoint, I would made a test on the two lists, when an item is creted in mylis1, the flow would update the "Number" column of all items in mylist2 to subtract 1 to the "Number" column.

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the "Number" field of the "Update item" action as below:

sub(items('Apply_to_each')?['Number'],1)

When an item is created in mylist1, the flow would run successfully to update the "Number" column of all items in mylist2 to subtract 1 to the "Number" column as screenshot below:
Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ joeyg5673,

Could you please share a screenshot of both the configuration of your sharepoint lists?

I have made a test on my side,and I have created two lists (mylist1,mylist2) in sharepoint, I would made a test on the two lists, when an item is creted in mylis1, the flow would update the "Number" column of all items in mylist2 to subtract 1 to the "Number" column.

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the "Number" field of the "Update item" action as below:

sub(items('Apply_to_each')?['Number'],1)

When an item is created in mylist1, the flow would run successfully to update the "Number" column of all items in mylist2 to subtract 1 to the "Number" column as screenshot below:
Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alice I did end up getting this with a similar solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,853)