Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DylanHayes
Level: Power Up

Facebook to SharePoint flow failure at scale

Hi all,

We have a simple flow based on a template to read from a Facebook feed and write to a SharePoint list using the action "Facebook - Get feed from my timeline." Everything worked fine with a test Facebook account, and postings would appear in the list perfectly. However, in production, when we have hooked up to a customer's Facebook account it fails every time with an error like so:

{

"error": {

"message""(#4) Application request limit reached",

"type""OAuthException",

"is_transient"true,

"code"4,

"fbtrace_id""AmD4zbsDjVg"

}

}

The particular error "(#4) Application request limit reached" is from Facebook, and seems to be related to load in some vaguely defined way. The particular feed we are connecting to has 500 k followers, and posts at least one a day. It's not terribly clear what limits Facebook imposes, and how Flow connectors interact with the Facebook API (i.e. is one connector a single Facebook 'app'?). I notice somebody else has previously posted about it on the flow forums, but the poster reported the problem seemed to fix itself. However for us it seems to have been broken for a few days, and has failed every time. 

Does anybody have any suggestions? I can't see any settings in Flow to limit the frequency of polling. Can our customer contact facebook to change any settings at the facebook end? Are there are other configuration settings we are unaware of we can try tweaking?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Facebook to SharePoint flow failure at scale

Hi @DylanHayes,

I’m afraid that it might be a limitation from Facebook.

I have found the similar issue on other thread, you may take this for a reference:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14092989/facebook-api-4-application-request-limit-reached

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,754)