Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

FileOpenAccessDeniedDueToSecuritySettings - Error

Hello ::

When my client opens the Excel from one drive for business selecting the Excel from one drive for business through power automate getting the below error related to authentication issue which is been noticed .

Could not retrieve values. The dynamic invocation request failed with error: { "status": 403, "message": "The request is forbidden by Graph API. Error code is 'FileOpenAccessDeniedDueToSecuritySettings'. Error message is 'Because of security settings set by your admin, you can't open this workbook right now. Please contact your system administrator for more information.'.\r\nclientRequestId: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx\r\nserviceRequestId: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx", "error": { "message": "The request is forbidden by Graph API. Error code is 'FileOpenAccessDeniedDueToSecuritySettings'. Error message is 'Because of security settings set by your admin, you can't open this workbook right now. Please contact your system administrator for more information.'." }, "source": "excelonline-si.azconn-si.p.azurewebsites.net" }.

May I know what would have caused the above issue 

Checked the below detail:
- He has directory access of full read and write
- He is able to upload .xlsx and create new .xlsx in one drive for business online without any issues.

- Tried to upload the file through Power automate simple process on getting items from one drive, he is able to select the location of Excel and then selected Excel , the next step do not display the number of sheets or the excel sheet name atleast . It throws the above error .

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Error is coming from Excel/Graph API. I will suggest to start with them. They will be able to look up using the serviceRequestId in the error message

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,814)