cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Files aren't being accessed from Sharepoint

I'm trying to create a flow that accesses documents from a Sharepoint repository and send them as part of an email attachment. The flow runs successfully but within the sent emails, the files are essentially empty with an extension of "File".

f4.png

Furthermore, my employer uploaded the files to teams and as a result can be accessed through Sharepoint. But when access through other means other than through teams, I get a "404 file not found" error. The Sharepoint group that houses the files is a private group, could that be why I can't access the files? Is it possible to access the files through teams? The action below shows how I'm getting the files.

f5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @salieri ,

Please try to use Get file metadata action to get the file display name and fill it in the corresponding field as an attachment name or file name.

If it does not work, please provide full screenshot of flow configuration and more details so that we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @salieri ,

Please try to use Get file metadata action to get the file display name and fill it in the corresponding field as an attachment name or file name.

If it does not work, please provide full screenshot of flow configuration and more details so that we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,159)