cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NicovdH
Level: Power Up

Flow Dynamics 365 - List Record Expand - Unable to use expanded field value as dynamic in create

I am quite new on flow and work with Microsoft Dynamics. I am currently working on a solution that copies a config record to all applicable Contacts related to a specific BU. Therefor I get a list of records with an expand as you kan see down here (which works as you can see in the second screendump):

List Records.PNG

List result.PNG

Now I want to use the fullname (in concat with 2 other fields) in the Name of the record that I want to create. The problem here is that I do not have the fullname field available in the dynamic content part as you can see down here:

Dynamic content.PNG

Do I need to use expression for that? Appreciate any guidance / help on this topic. Thanks

Regards,

Nico

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flow Dynamics 365 - List Record Expand - Unable to use expanded field value as dynamic in create

Hi Nico,

I'm going to try to give you some hints and pointers but this is all from the top of my head, as I currently don't have an environment available to simulate this scenario.

As you is an expand query the result will contain the expand, but - as you notice - the result isn't flattened in the dynamic content. You can get the expanded data through the cbr_contactid field. This will result in two possible results.

1. The value of cbr_contactid will be automatically transformed to an object where you can get the fullname field from.

2. The value is returned as a string. In this case you can convert the string to an object (which will have the fullname field) using the json()-expression.

The easiest to test and debug this is to place the cbr_contactid in a Compose-action. If automatically converted the Compose action will return an object with the fullname field. Else you can add the json()-expression in the Compose action.

As the structure of the object isn't known to Flow you might have to supply a sample or schema. Or you should get the field from the Compose action using something like "Compose?['fullname']".

Hope this helps and gives you some guidance. Let my know if it doesn't work. I can create a scenario to test this over the weekend.

Regards,

Arjan

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,059)