cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlazejSzymul
Frequent Visitor

Flow Editing Problems

Hello.

I encountered a very weird bug (?) in regard to creating flow associated with Sharepoint O365 list. I have created a mentioned flow for a list and everything worked fine, until I wanted to update the flow. Since then, it seems like flow engine itself cannot read dynamic data from the list. I initially thought it's because I update the item multiple times during the flow or reaching the maximal allowed level of nesting action, however it seems to be the case even in simpliest flow with 2 actions : trigger on when item is created -> send mail to, where the subject of a mail is title of the item created on the list. See below.

flowFailsAfterEdit.png

Please forgive me the quality of this image, I just wanted to indicate, that flow works after it is created, but then after a few runs, when it is edited the data from the list cannot be accessed, where you can clearly see that the created item does have a Title.

Best regards.

8 REPLIES 8
Lalit
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi,

Could you please share the flow id? When you open the flow in edit mode, the browser url would be like this-

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/flows/28d1998c-1475-4b35-89ba-98dfd96e7280

The highlighted part is the flow id.

TF
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. Here is my flow id : 0e2587f6-b108-4657-87c0-cd1d27c3008e

Hi @Lalit

Of course, here it is 87c1ac37-7ae4-4f14-adfd-1b97f449e9a4

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Mumbrasas
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem  with 3 different tenants 😞  Any fixes is in Roadmap?

What does the Inputs/Outputs for all the cards look like ?

Can you please try recreating the flow (new one) and not make any edit changes to it and let us know if this works ?

I have the same issues.

If i recreate the entire flow, it works again. After one update it will fail.

As a workaround i recreate the entire flow from sratch including the desired update.

Great for version control, but not quite efficient.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for confirming the issue. This is currently a known issue and is getting fixed soon. I will post back once this issue is resolved.

Hello everyone.

I've been playing a bit with the flows. I am not quite sure whether the issue is fully resolve, as the flows I recreated and have been editing for some time seems to work. Both those made from template and from scratch. However the old ones still fail, even when edited again. Here I leave the id's of them :

70800c98-83a3-4b41-a091-09f75bd94d6f - the one made from scratch

16d6a402-05d1-429a-9def-c20bc8aad42f - one made from template

87c1ac37-7ae4-4f14-adfd-1b97f449e9a4 - one of my old complex ones

Best regards. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (48,260)