cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommyly Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Flow Not Showing Dynamics Lookup Field

A Dynamics field is not showing up in Microsoft Flow.

As a troubleshooting measure, I'm doing this on Microsoft Flow: I execute a Dynamics query (Case entity). Immediately thereafter, I execute a Select action: the input is my Dynamics query values; I map 'test' to various columns (e.g. [Created On]). It works fine. As I scroll down the list of Dynamic content, I do not see [Contact] (aka responsiblecontactid).

At first I thought it was because it was a lookup data-type, but the list of Dynamic content includes several OOB and custom lookup fields.

I then thought maybe it was some setting (e.g. field security), but field security is disabled and all the other settings are identical to every other field that otherwise shows up on Microsoft Flow.

I've tried mapping it directly to item()?['responsiblecontactid'] but that field is not recognized.

I've tried creating an HTML table with all the values of my Dynamics query, and every single field shows up... (drum roll) except for [Contacts].

I've even created a temporary field in Dynamics ("flowTest") and restarted reloaded Flow. That colum appeared in the Dynamic content list in Microsoft Flow. So I don't think it has anything to do with my connection

I've triple-checked because I thought I was going crazy--[Contacts] (aka responsiblecontactid) exists.

Any idea why a field would not show up? Thanks in advance.

image.png

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow Not Showing Dynamics Lookup Field

Hi @tommyly ,

Would you please create a new field in the list with the same value in the Dynamics Lookup Field to see if the copy field would show?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow Not Showing Dynamics Lookup Field

Hi @tommyly ,

Would you please create a new field in the list with the same value in the Dynamics Lookup Field to see if the copy field would show?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,044)