cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FrankHazel
Level: Powered On

Flow cannot access OneDrive for Business subsites

I created SharePoint subsites of my OneDrive for Business (from its SharePoint view) site

Then I started Flow and created a new flow. I tried:

- accessing the subsites as "OneDrive for Business": they were not shown

- accessing the subsites as "SharePoint": they were not shown and when I tried using the URL, it always failed. (I could access the "normal" OneDrive for Business site.

Are these subsites special in some way, i.e. different from other SharePoint sites? Any hints or tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow cannot access OneDrive for Business subsites

Hi FrankHazel,

Do you want to save email attachment to SharePoint library? Could you try to create the flow using this template, it should work for you:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f7a46809e53c42108034e56acf83bb79/save-my...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi FrankHazel,

What’s your scenario? How do you want to configure your flow?
Have you created a connection to OneDrive for Business? After we created a connection to OneDrive for Business, we can use actions such as “Create file”, “Delete file”, etc.

onedrive for business.PNG

But I guess that OneDrive for Business subsite is not supported in Flow. As when I enter SharePoint subsite in the Site url field, all the lists in the subsite can be gotten.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FrankHazel

In fact I was experimenting to see if Flow could solve the issue that SharePoint does not support mail anymore, at least not in the sense that one could mail a file to a library. So I created a subsite from my OneDrive for Business and created a mailbox on it and also some libraries. Then I waited till all was stable (= mailbox created, libraries visible in Outlook mail app on browser).

The first stumbling block I found is that Flow cannot access functional mailboxes: that proved to be a documented issue.

But then I also tried to do something with the libraries. And it's then I discovered that they are not accessible for Flow, as it throws "token" errors.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi FrankHazel,

Do you want to save email attachment to SharePoint library? Could you try to create the flow using this template, it should work for you:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f7a46809e53c42108034e56acf83bb79/save-my...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

FrankHazel

Thanks, good suggestion.

It still won't work from a functional mailbox, but part 2 of my issue is solved this way!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi FrankHazel,

Thanks for your reply. When you want to save email attachment to SharePoint library, please feel free use this template, I found that the attachment cannot be saved to SharePoint library when I create a flow without using this template.

About the Functional mailbox, I am not sure if it is supported currently, I will try to confirm this from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

v-javer

Flow can not resolve subsites and libraries for OneDrive for Business, Office Online apps, etc. 

v-javer

Flow CAN NOW resolve subsites and libraries for OneDrive for Business, Office Online apps, etc.  Apologies. No editing feature here. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,197)