cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Flow cannot find my SQL Server table

Hi!

I have a strange problem with the SQL Server connector. I have a database in Azure SQL Server. If I create a Flow, using "When an item is created" option with the SQL connector, I can see my table just fine and the flow works. However, if I select "When an item is modified", I can't find any tables with the same connection settings? I attached a couple of screenshots to demonstrate the issue. The texts are in Finnish, but I translated the important parts.

noproblem.jpgproblem.jpg

Any idea how to fix this? I have already tried to recreate the SQL connection.

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ilied,

Does the issue still exists?

Have you take a try to clean up the browser cache?

Best regards,

Alice

The issue still exists. I have tried it with a couple of different browsers and the cache has been cleared. It's worth noting, that my database table has a primary key, which is a requirement, I believe.

I have exactly same issue.  When an item is created" option with the SQL connector, it's showing 'Table Name' options and the flow works. However, if I select "When an item is modified", I can't find any tables with the same connection settings. Any help please!

Is this issue resolved?

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ilied 

Have you tried typing the the table name by using "Enter Custom Value" ?

Also, does these tables have a "row version" column ?

It not, then try to add a column of type timestamp, this is the way Power Automate tracks the modifications in the records.

After creating the timestamp field try to re-create the trigger to pickup the SQL changes. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards 

Mark 

Hi,

"Enter Custom Value"  didn't work. My requirement is to trigger when a new entry is added.

I saw another article where it says you need to have an identity column in the table. After adding that, it showed my table in the list.

Regards

Hi @vrkorada 

Based on your requirements, you should use a different trigger "When is Item Created".
The article is correct with this type of trigger 

To summarize the trigger

- "When is Item Created" needs to have a primary key in the table to be picked up by power automate.

- "When is Item Modified" needs to have a timestamp (row version) column the table to be picked up by power automate.

You shouldn't face the missing tables issue with triggers as long as you created the tables correctly.

Glade that it is working for you.

Best Regards

Mark

Yes the issue has been resolved. My team found that it's the limitation of the product that we need to have timestamp column type created in the table to trigger sql connector. Thank you. 

Hi @Johnson 

Thank you for your reply and for confirming that it worked for you. 

I would like to add that It wouldn't be considered as a limitation , it is just the way power automate works , see when a record/row is modified it doesn't communicate with power automate to start the trigger , but it is the other way around. Power automate checks for changes in the records during intervals of time and it knows the changes by this timestamp field. 

Hope this was informative for you.

Best Regards 

Mark 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,918)