Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ashokpershad
Level 8

Flow corrupts Excel file saved in OneDrive for Business

Hi!!

I am using "Automate Flow" for excel in One drive for Business. When i am connecting the Flow to Automatically update the Excel it is doing in the back end but when i am trying to open the excel sheet then message comes " Excel cannot Open the File becasue the file format or file extension is not valid. Verfiy that the file has not been corrupted and the file extension matches the format of the file". Below is the screen shot of my flow. This happens with two of my Excel files. Please help.

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow corrupts Excel file saved in OneDrive for Business

Hi @ashokpershad,

I think the issue here should be caused by the OneDrive for Business "When a file is modified" trigger.

This trigger would start the Flow when any file modification has been made within the OneDrive folder, so if you would like to take use of this trigger, please make sure there is only the file you would like to update in that folder.

Besides, if the folder contains other files, another way we could use here is to take use of condition check.

Add a condition to check for special file name, if file name not match, do nothing, otherwise, update the file.

59.PNG

If you need any further help on this issue, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ashokpershad
Level 8

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Your Above solution is working for "Manually Trigger a flow" Flow. When i created the seperate folder then even if i don't use condition as you mentioned in your solution then this Flow will only corrupt the files present in that particular folder only and not any other folders.

In case of "Automate flow" we need not create seperate folder as its working fine wihtout it.

This means only "Manually Trigger flow" button option is creating problem. I feel this is a BUG.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ashokpershad,

I think the issue here should be caused by the OneDrive for Business "When a file is modified" trigger.

This trigger would start the Flow when any file modification has been made within the OneDrive folder, so if you would like to take use of this trigger, please make sure there is only the file you would like to update in that folder.

Besides, if the folder contains other files, another way we could use here is to take use of condition check.

Add a condition to check for special file name, if file name not match, do nothing, otherwise, update the file.

59.PNG

If you need any further help on this issue, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ashokpershad
Level 8

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Thanks for your reply. I am working on same issue since morning and i believe i found the cause of error not the solution. After creating the above flow i created one "Manually Trigger a flow" Flow which i connected to same file. When i run this flow from my Android phone, the sheet it updated but when i tried to open the sheet then same error comes nad it corrupted all the files saved in that paricular folder in OneDrive for business account which i have connected to other Flows. I believe the main cause of corruption is the "Manually Trigger a flow" option. Please suggest the solution. In the mean time i will try using the solution you suggested in last reply.

Manually Trigger Flow.jpg

ashokpershad
Level 8

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Your Above solution is working for "Manually Trigger a flow" Flow. When i created the seperate folder then even if i don't use condition as you mentioned in your solution then this Flow will only corrupt the files present in that particular folder only and not any other folders.

In case of "Automate flow" we need not create seperate folder as its working fine wihtout it.

This means only "Manually Trigger flow" button option is creating problem. I feel this is a BUG.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 314 members 5,454 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: