cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim_KK
Level: Powered On

Flow dissapear from SharePoint Online Document Library

Hi,

I was building and testing flow to convert docx to pdf in one of the SharePoint online library yesterday.

The flow trigger is "For a selected item" when a document in a particular sharepoint library is selected.

It was working fine until about 3.45pm Australian time, the flow dissapear from the document library. I am not able to trigger the flow from the document libary. Even the out-of-the box "Request Sign-off" flow disappear.

I then try to create a whole new library and new flow, still the same issue but this time the "Request Sign-off" is there.

Can you please let me know whether is there any issue with Microsoft? or I might have done something wrong?

Doc Lib 1.pngDoc Lib 2a.png                flow 1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow dissapear from SharePoint Online Document Library

Hi @Kim_KK ,

Thanks for updating.

Glad to hear that it is working again for you now.

About the issue you’ve mentioned, I will help report it to PGs from my side. Sometimes, some updates will cause some temporary errors, which will be troublesome.

By the way, you can go to here to see if there are any updates/fix with flow:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Kim_KK ,

If you create a new flow with trigger “For a selected file”, will it appear when a file is selected?

Have you tried with a different browser?

In addition, clearing caches and cookies always works, please take a try with it.

Further, when testing it on my side, I found flow with the trigger For a selected file appears when a file is selected, however, the out-of-box Request sign-off flow doesn’t appear.

1.PNG

I am not sure if there are any updates going on, please check it later to see if the issue still exists.

I will keep an eye on it as well.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Kim_KK

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes I have tried using Chrome, IE, Firefox, it's all the same.

So, 2 days before I have tried the 'For a Selected File' (I was building from "New -> Instant from Blank") - it didn't work, it is not appearing in the SharePoint document library (I think it wasn't working previously eg. since last year).  Hence I have been reverting to 'For a Selected Item' instead' since and also other forums have been using this option as well.

However, I tried again yesterday using 'For a Selected File' (from a template Sharepoint to a custome flow) - it worked, the Request Sign-off is there as well (refer to picture).

It seem definately something has changed that stop the flow from working with 'For a Selected Item' . It is very troublesome, this might means  for all flow that have been built using that option are now broken. It is not feasible to keep stop-start and rebuild flow every time, this product may deemed by all users that it is unstable unfortunately.

flow template.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Kim_KK ,

Thanks for updating.

Glad to hear that it is working again for you now.

About the issue you’ve mentioned, I will help report it to PGs from my side. Sometimes, some updates will cause some temporary errors, which will be troublesome.

By the way, you can go to here to see if there are any updates/fix with flow:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

_Title

Hey @v-yamao-msft ,

I am having exactly the same issue as @Kim_KK.

I did try to clean caches and cookies, use different browsers and rebuiled a flow, nothing has worked for me.

I do not know if this is relevant but the document library is on the sharepoint site with unique premissions.

Please help me.

Highlighted
Darwin-Cas_741

You have to zoom out the screen so that the flow menu appears on a horizontal bar where the button is again and then there are if the flows appear because if the flow menu appears in a vertical list, flows do not appear the same is still a problem Is there a solution for this to be as before?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,123)