cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ovis2018
Level: Powered On

Flow doesn't work when using dynamic content of "People/Group" from SharePoint column

Hello - trying to resolve an issue I seem to be having with MS Flow where any reference to or use of the dynamic content of a People/Group column from SharePoint sends the entire flow into havoc.  There's a few instances where using this column type doesn't seem to work that I'd love to have some assistance with. 

(1) When sending an email to the individual of the People/Group column -- what happens when I add in the dynamic content field into the To: of a "Send an Email" action, MS Flow automatically adds an "Apply to each" action and inserts that dynamic content into the Apply to each action.  It also does this when I insert the dynamic content of the people/group into the email body.  

While it's not a big deal if that the Apply to each is added, but once it is added no emails send even though testing the workflow shows no errors and appears as though all conditions and workflow steps worked correctly.

Flow 11.PNG

(2) When I create an HTML table to insert into an email and include a dynamic content of people/group, it doesn't display right - see image below

flow 12.PNG Thanks for the aid!

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow doesn't work when using dynamic content of "People/Group" from SharePoint column

@ovis2018 :

The Flow is automatically creating a loop when you reference the person or group column because the column is configured to allow for more than one person or group to be selected.

The emails are not being sent because you have not provided it the email addresses.  You need to select the entry in Dynamic properties that is the person or group column name followed by "Email".  If you do so, an individual email will be sent to every person or group listed.

The email text is not formatted properly because you need to click on Advanced properties in the email screen and set "Is HTML" to Yes.

In my screen shot below, I have a person or group column called PG which allows for multiple names to be selected.

MulitPG.jpg

MulitPG1.jpg

If this solves your issue, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,700)