cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Flow solution will not work on second Sharepoint page

Last Wednesday I received a great work around to get my Flow to read a Sharepoint page for a dae and an email address and it worked great. Today I added a new column in SharePoint and created a second Recurrence FLow.  I cannot get the columns to show for the live site.  In the attachment I went to put in the condition and the column "Start Contract Closdeout"  but as you can see from the list its in SharePoint but not in the dropdown list?  The second condition was add "% Complete", but that also is not in the list. Is there a reason why when
I add Value I cannot get "Start Contract Closeout" and % Complete" to show up as a drop down to get to the email part of the Flow?

I added right column but will not show in list.

current live site.jpgFlow issue.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow solution will not work on second Sharepoint page

You need to add the new column to a view that is available in the SharePoint trigger within your Flow. Verify your Flow's SharePoint Trigger is utilizing a List custom view that shows all of the columns that are needed.

The When an item is created or modified and the When an item is created triggers allow you to select a view with the Limit Columns by View parameter (green underline) from the Show advanced options UI expansion (red box): ListColumnsByView.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArtW ,

I almost agree with what @Brad_Groux  has suggested.

Please check whether you’ve selected a view for the list while the new columns are not added to the selected view.

Please check it on your side and feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

It wasnt clear how to do what I needed but I was able to use what you gave me and figure it out. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArtW ,

What’s your current situation?

Is it working for you now?

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you , the flow does work but I ran into a new problem with SharePoint. I added a new column and the when I go to add that column to the Flow its not part of the dropdown? How do you get the list to be part of the dropdown? For instance, the Sharepoint page has about 7 colmns but when i get to condition 2 to grab the email column i only see one. What causes flow to not pick up all 7 columns?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArtW ,

Have you added the new column under the specific View that you are using in the flow?

If so, all the columns under the view could be selected from flow.

Please share a full screenshot of your flow, I will help figure out the issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamic Content does not show in list?

I've run across this in trying to practice with Flows and cannot seem to figure it out. I'm fairly green at working in SharePoint 2016. Attached is an example of columns I'd like SharePoint to show in Dynamic Content but no mater what I do I cannot get them to show in the list. 99% of the time I only see Value. How do I get existing columns to show?

Example of sharepoint lists.Example of sharepoint lists.Example of flow with no content. I have the correct link insertedExample of flow with no content. I have the correct link inserted

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,917)