cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
ricardoj
Level: Powered On

Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

Hello there. Flow was working perfectly for months and suddenly gave a permissions error on the Excel file it uses. Excel is hosted on OneDrive for Business. 

 

Here is the error:

{
"status": 403,
"message": "The user doesn't have permissions to open the workbook in edit mode. Please fix your permissions and try again.\r\nclientRequestId: e920ec8c-d342-45a5-9b9c-76ecb5907085",
"error": {
"message": "The user doesn't have permissions to open the workbook in edit mode. Please fix your permissions and try again."
},
"source": "excelonline-cus.azconn-cus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

 

What can I do? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ricardoj
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

So it is now working again (one detail I noticed was that it was now saying "Bad Gateway" in the Flow Excel Online connector.

 

Here is what I did, but I don't know if it was just a temporal thing and it fixed itself, or if what I did helped:

 

I created a new Flow with all the same elements (Mailbox access, OneDrive for Business, and Excel Online). There was a template that use all the 3. I use this template to create a new flow and it asked me again for permissions.  I was now able in this new flow to access the tables in my Excel file.

 

I did not save the new flow. I went into the old flow and voila, it was working again. I resubmitted all the failed runs and I'm back and running again. Txs anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ricardoj
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

So it is now working again (one detail I noticed was that it was now saying "Bad Gateway" in the Flow Excel Online connector.

 

Here is what I did, but I don't know if it was just a temporal thing and it fixed itself, or if what I did helped:

 

I created a new Flow with all the same elements (Mailbox access, OneDrive for Business, and Excel Online). There was a template that use all the 3. I use this template to create a new flow and it asked me again for permissions.  I was now able in this new flow to access the tables in my Excel file.

 

I did not save the new flow. I went into the old flow and voila, it was working again. I resubmitted all the failed runs and I'm back and running again. Txs anyway.

View solution in original post

Microsoft shu
Microsoft

Re: Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

@ricardoj  Could you please try to create a new Excel online connector in the Data-Connections and edit the flow using the newly created connector in the action?

 

 

Please mark my reply as a solution if you think it helps.

Thank you.

 

Best Regards,

 

Jessie Chen

 

Support Engineer

Screenshot_1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,479)