cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

Hello there. Flow was working perfectly for months and suddenly gave a permissions error on the Excel file it uses. Excel is hosted on OneDrive for Business. 

Here is the error:

{
"status": 403,
"message": "The user doesn't have permissions to open the workbook in edit mode. Please fix your permissions and try again.\r\nclientRequestId: e920ec8c-d342-45a5-9b9c-76ecb5907085",
"error": {
"message": "The user doesn't have permissions to open the workbook in edit mode. Please fix your permissions and try again."
},
"source": "excelonline-cus.azconn-cus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

What can I do? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

So it is now working again (one detail I noticed was that it was now saying "Bad Gateway" in the Flow Excel Online connector.

Here is what I did, but I don't know if it was just a temporal thing and it fixed itself, or if what I did helped:

I created a new Flow with all the same elements (Mailbox access, OneDrive for Business, and Excel Online). There was a template that use all the 3. I use this template to create a new flow and it asked me again for permissions.  I was now able in this new flow to access the tables in my Excel file.

I did not save the new flow. I went into the old flow and voila, it was working again. I resubmitted all the failed runs and I'm back and running again. Txs anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

So it is now working again (one detail I noticed was that it was now saying "Bad Gateway" in the Flow Excel Online connector.

Here is what I did, but I don't know if it was just a temporal thing and it fixed itself, or if what I did helped:

I created a new Flow with all the same elements (Mailbox access, OneDrive for Business, and Excel Online). There was a template that use all the 3. I use this template to create a new flow and it asked me again for permissions.  I was now able in this new flow to access the tables in my Excel file.

I did not save the new flow. I went into the old flow and voila, it was working again. I resubmitted all the failed runs and I'm back and running again. Txs anyway.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@ricardoj  Could you please try to create a new Excel online connector in the Data-Connections and edit the flow using the newly created connector in the action?

Please mark my reply as a solution if you think it helps.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Screenshot_1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (2,657)