cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricardoj
Regular Visitor

Flow stopped working after months. 403 Error with Permissions on Excel Online file.

Hello there. Flow was working perfectly for months and suddenly gave a permissions error on the Excel file it uses. Excel is hosted on OneDrive for Business. 

Here is the error:

{
"status": 403,
"message": "The user doesn't have permissions to open the workbook in edit mode. Please fix your permissions and try again.\r\nclientRequestId: e920ec8c-d342-45a5-9b9c-76ecb5907085",
"error": {
"message": "The user doesn't have permissions to open the workbook in edit mode. Please fix your permissions and try again."
},
"source": "excelonline-cus.azconn-cus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

What can I do? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ricardoj
Regular Visitor

So it is now working again (one detail I noticed was that it was now saying "Bad Gateway" in the Flow Excel Online connector.

Here is what I did, but I don't know if it was just a temporal thing and it fixed itself, or if what I did helped:

I created a new Flow with all the same elements (Mailbox access, OneDrive for Business, and Excel Online). There was a template that use all the 3. I use this template to create a new flow and it asked me again for permissions.  I was now able in this new flow to access the tables in my Excel file.

I did not save the new flow. I went into the old flow and voila, it was working again. I resubmitted all the failed runs and I'm back and running again. Txs anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ricardoj
Regular Visitor

So it is now working again (one detail I noticed was that it was now saying "Bad Gateway" in the Flow Excel Online connector.

Here is what I did, but I don't know if it was just a temporal thing and it fixed itself, or if what I did helped:

I created a new Flow with all the same elements (Mailbox access, OneDrive for Business, and Excel Online). There was a template that use all the 3. I use this template to create a new flow and it asked me again for permissions.  I was now able in this new flow to access the tables in my Excel file.

I did not save the new flow. I went into the old flow and voila, it was working again. I resubmitted all the failed runs and I'm back and running again. Txs anyway.

View solution in original post

shu
Community Support
Community Support

@ricardoj  Could you please try to create a new Excel online connector in the Data-Connections and edit the flow using the newly created connector in the action?

Please mark my reply as a solution if you think it helps.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Screenshot_1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,654)