cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MW630
Level: Powered On

Flow stuck on "Running" while reading Excel data from OneDrive

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a flow I'm trying to build.  It seems to work ~10 times in a row and then will get hung on "running" on step 5 below and never complete unless I cancel it or manually intervene.  The flow is doing the following:

-  Monitoring e-mails with an attachment named "Confirmation Tracking.xlsx"

-  Extracts the attachment and saves it to a OneDrive folder

-  Loads the contents of the Excel document from OneDrive to a SharePoint List

-  Moves the attachment from the original OneDrive folder to an archive folder and appends a date to the name

For testing, I'm using the exact same file with the exact same data each time. I send the same attachment to the monitored e-mail address.  When the flow hangs on "running", I can go into OneDrive and manually delete the Confirmation Tracking.xlsx file and re-upload, and then the flow will complete successfully.  I can't figure out why it's hanging occassionally on this, I've tried adding a Delay Until for 45 seconds between the file being written to OneDrive and the process of reading it to load to the SharePoint List.  

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Here are my flow steps:

Step 1: Setup the mailbox to be reviewed for attachments and initialize the variable for the Delay Until:
step1.jpg

Step 2: Look at the attachment to see if the name contains "Confirmation Tracking.xlsx":
step2.jpg

Step 3: If it meets that condition, it creates a file in a OneDrive folder named "Test_Extract"
step3.jpg

Step 4: Monitor when a new file is created in "Test_Extract" folder, Delay Unit for 45 seconds, Get Rows from "Confirmation Tracking.xlsx":

step4.jpg

Step 5: Add the items from "Confirmation Tracking.xlsx" to the SharePoint list:
step5.jpg

Final Steps: Move to archive and delete the file from the original folder:
step6.jpg

This works ~90% percent of the time, but the other 10% it just gets stuck on step 5 and will not finish "Running" unless I manually cancel the flow, manually delete and re-upload the file to the Test_Extract folder, or it runs for like 5 days and times out.

Any input would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow stuck on "Running" while reading Excel data from OneDrive

Hi @MW630,

Please take a try to move the "create file" action inside your Step 3 to the If yes branch of the Condition inside your Step 2.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
MW630
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow stuck on "Running" while reading Excel data from OneDrive

Hello @v-yuazh-msft,

Will you please clarify?  I only want to move the attachment to OneDrive if it has "Confirmation Tracking" in the name of the file.   Where would I move the "Create File" to so it's out of the conditional statement?

Are you saying create the file either way, and then under the "No" condition, go in and delete it if it does not have "Confirmation Tracking" in the name?

Create File.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 4,378 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: