cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow using on-premises and model-driven app data

I would like to create a Flow that relies on data in both an on-premises system and a model-driven app. Is that possible? The roadblock I'm running into is that you can only register the on-premises data gateway in the default environment but I also can't create a model-driven app in the default environment. When I try, it says, "You don’t have permissions to create a database in this environment. Try a different environment or create a new one." I'm a global administrator, though, so I think this is a misleading error message.

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paulh ,

To be sure, if you want to create an On-premise data connection, you need to configure it in the default environment.

But for model-driven apps, I am not sure that if there are similar restrictions at the moment, it seems that we can only create a database in the Production or Trail environment.

I am afraid that I am not familiar with the model-driven app, you could try to submit your question in the PowerApps community, maybe there will be more detailed answers there.

Also please check if you have an eligible license to configure model-driven apps and CDS for Apps:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/business-model-may/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We do have a subscription. What about working with Production or Trial CDS instances and also on-premises data. Is there anyway to do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,169)