cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jueberro
Level: Powered On

Flow with Excel and SQL - delete all rrows in table and insert excel for business Excel table values

I have a spreadsheet in a O365 group document library.

Every day aat 3am I want to dump contents of the SQL table and rebuild from Excel table. 

How do I delete all the records in an existing SQL table and iterate thru the rows of an excel table  in an excel file we store in a groups documnt library, and simply insert those rows to the table?

I cannot find 1 example of this online?  Anyone out there done this.

Im playing with Excel List all rows and then Apply To Each/ Get Rows in SQL Action.  But I am not ssure howw to configure and use.  It runs but just spins forever.

Im new to flow but work with SSIS and SQL all the time.  Its just a pain to work with Sharepoint group files from SSIS so I am experimenting with FLow.  I like the tool but Im suprised that I cant find examples of this?

Thx,

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
jueberro

Re: Flow with Excel and SQL - delete all rows in table and insert excel for business Excel table va

Update:

I cropped in a simple flow that works..

Using 'Excel - List Rows' and 'SQL - Inset Row' (with Apply To Each Selected).  I can get my data added.  I had to use a dateadd workaround to get EXCEL Integer value dates which were being seen as text to come in as 'datetime' to SQL.

All thats left is 'How do I delete' records from a SQL Table.  Delete Row doesnt see the Group Document library as a source?

Thx,

Joe

jueberro

Re: Flow with Excel and SQL - delete all rows in table and insert excel for business Excel table va

Flow-Excel to SQL.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jueberro,

The screenshot of the flow should as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Flow with Excel and SQL - delete all rrows in table and insert excel for business Excel table va

Hello, @jueberro!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,221)