Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
closcher
Level: Powered On

Flow with SQL only works on test

Hi, 

I connected my SQL server to flow and it seems to be correct. 

My flow is very simple. I just want to send an email when an item is created. I have a second flow that sends an email when an item is modified. 

For when an item is created:

The problem is that nothing happens with the flow when I perform trigger action and tests don´t do anything. Only when I select the test using SQL data it runs the flow but sends an email with the first entry of the data base. 

What could be happening?flow test.PNG

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow with SQL only works on test

Hi @closcher ,

If the connection is created for the first time, the triggering of the flow may not be particularly timely. This also involves the operating status of the gateway and the impact of the network environment.

You can try to update the connection. When testing, make sure you add a new record to the specified table and then observe if there are new records in the Flow run history.

Please wait for some time or refresh the Flow details page and see the results.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
closcher
Level: Powered On

Thanks for your response @v-bacao-msft . 

When an item is created flow: Test works using SQL server data but again it brings me the first record of the table. I assume the connection is working correctly. 

I´m adding records into my application (not directly into SQL) and still nothing happens with the flow. 

SQL test.PNGItem created.PNG

When an item is modified: nothing happens when I modify items in my application. 

Thanks. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @closcher ,

Please try to add record in SQL table directly and check if Flow can be triggered normally.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,827)