cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LLMHEIMENDINGER
Level: Powered On

For Selected Item - Sharepoint trigger: Flow appearing in other lists.

A brief description.  I have a Flow that is triggered by an incoming email on a shared mailbox.  In the subject line is some identifying inoforation related to the attachment but also to a SharePoint list.  The Flow should accomplish two things:

1. After parsing out the information in the subject line, save the attachment into a document library creating the name from some of that information.
  2. Undate a SharePoint list that reflects the attachment was received.

No problem on the first item, but I am stumped at how to locate the appropriate item in the ShaerPoint list so I can get its ID to do the update.  I tried Get Items and for ODATA in the advanced section, I tried Title Eq varTitle where Title is in the SharePoint list and varTitie is created in earlier Flow steps from the parsed information in the subject line.  I get a failure on this Get Items step.

I was unsure of how this might work when I created the step as Title is not yet a "known" dynamic field since the list isn't yet accessed; I just manualy typed it as an expression in the filter field.

I just need the ID of the item in the list to update the record.  ANy suggestions, I HOPE!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: For Selected Item - Sharepoint trigger: Flow appearing in other lists.

Well, that is something i knew, but was baffled about how to construct the ODATA query.  I solved that and posted the solution on my blog at I ove PowerApps and Flow

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LLMHEIMENDINGER,

You could save the parsed information in the subject line of the email in the Compose firstly, and the you could get all items of the list which reflects if the attachment was received with a ODATA in the advanced section as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Note:The output dynamic content in the Filter Query field is the output dynamic content of the Compose.

Best regards,

Alice

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @LLMHEIMENDINGER!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Well, that is something i knew, but was baffled about how to construct the ODATA query.  I solved that and posted the solution on my blog at I ove PowerApps and Flow

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,455)