Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
STG
Level: Powered On

From twitter to Sharepoint List

Hello team,

I'm trying to do something that seems like it should be pretty simple, but I can't get it to work.

I want build a list in a sharepoint site (office 365) to capture tweets with a certain hashtag.  Fortunately there's a template for that: create item in sharepoint list. So starting with that template, I want to capture the user profile pic, and any image attached to the tweet, as well as the (text-only) username, text, timestamp, etc.

So I set up a list with fields for the elements I want to capture- including setting the column data type for the "image" field to "picture" as I've seen suggested in various places. 

When I go into Flow to create the input, I can select the Profile Image element from the data feed, but the List display doesn't offer the fields I designated for those elements!  Of course if I load sharepoint and manually paste in the URL for the profile image, the list displays as intended. 

Am I missing something about data types in the list configuration?  Or is there another way to configure list columns so that they are required to be available in Flow?  

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: From twitter to Sharepoint List

Hi STG,

Currently, Image column in SharePoint list has not been supported by Flow yet, so the list won’t provide a field for the Profile image element.

This feature request is actually on PGs’ backlog, but we don’t have a timeline on when it will be available.

Please keep an eye on this doc about Flow Release notes to get the latest releases on Flow:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/release-notes/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
STG
Level: Powered On

Hi Mabel, thanks for the response.  Honestly it's a relief to know I'm not just missing something obvious :-)

Is there maybe a workaround?  Like, use flow for Twitter -> ExcelOnline to capture the links, then Flow from Excel->Sharepoint List and get the images to load that way?  

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi STG,

I haven’t seen such a workaround so far, I will keep an eye on this issue and post back to you if there is one.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 4,194 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: