cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boyan
Frequent Visitor

Gateway GetPassThroughNativeQueryMetadataAsync - this operation (Execute Native Sql) is currently not supported using an on-prem gateway connection

Hi everyone,

I totally get it - this is a premium feature but even then, not a usable one? The SQL connector states that one can not run queries via an existing database gateway in order to hit an on-pren SQL server, it seems the only way to pull data is via SP which has to be defied on the on-prem SQL server first and then the SQL connector can execute the SP and harvest the output. I get this error and screen short below: Gateway GetPassThroughNativeQueryMetadataAsync - this operation (Execute Native Sql) is currently not supported using an on-prem gateway connection

In contracts -- Power BI service runs any query against the same database gateway with no problems? One gets to literally write the SQL query as part of their PBI report and it just works - as expected.

Why is it that the SQL connector for Flows has this defect? Is there any way around it, other than writing on-prem SPs of course?

Thank you

B

Boyan_0-1603640133140.png

2 REPLIES 2
FCGALLEG
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Boyan, 

I would like to share with you this thread.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/ExecutePassThroughNativeQueryAsync/td-p/69162

The “Execute a SQL query” action is not supported in Microsoft Flow using an on-premises gateway connection currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please vote the idea in Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Support-quot-Execute-a-SQL-query-quot-action-through-...

I hope it helps you.

JAvier

Boyan
Frequent Visitor

@FCGALLEG Thank you. I voted. Looks like no progress so far and the discussion you suggested has been open since 2017.

In the mean time, if I may ask: do you know whether Get Rows can do anything, I mean anything at all using on-prem gateway and no SPs?

Thank you

~B

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,220)