cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grahampasmurf
Level: Powered On

Get Form Region fields from Outlook item?

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the custom Form Region fields from an Outlook item?

For those wondering, form regions are "custom pieces of user interface that can be used to customize a standard form."

We have a custom Outlook Add-In that creates Outlook items that contain user input in a form region.  When that item is updated, I want my flow to be able to read those fields.

Alternatively, are there are other ways to store custom fields in an Outlook item that Flow can access?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get Form Region fields from Outlook item?

Hi @grahampasmurf,

Could you please share more details about the custom Form Region fields from an Outlook item that you mentioned?

I haven't ever created such a field currently so I couldn't help provide the solution.

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

grahampasmurf

Sure, let me elaborate.  This is an example screenshot of an Outlook item (appointment) that includes this custom form region at the bottom, below the body).

formregion1.PNG

We create this as an Outlook Add-In using VSTO tools and C# code.  In the code that retrieves previously saved custom fields, it refers to these as "Extended Fields" using this syntax,

ExchangeWebServices.PathToExtendedFieldType extVisitorCompany = new ExchangeWebServices.PathToExtendedFieldType();

Is there a way for Microsoft Flow to connect to Exchange to retrieve these Extended Fields?

grahampasmurf

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,233)