Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luke92

Get all columns with get items from on-premise sharepoint list using gateway

Snímek obrazovky 2020-10-27 102918.png

Hello everyone,

I have question regarding this post.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Limit-columns-by-view-documentation-needs...

We use sharepoint on premise and I have a gateway set up to access the data. But because I use a gateway, I have no drop down choice in Limit Columns by View where I should select Use all columns (do not limit). What should I type in to select all columns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Luke92 wrote:

I just need to select all columns from project list, because columns what i need is not in default selection. 

As I said, the views you are trying to use are not supported by the on-premises data gateway connector. It says it right in the error message provided to you. So, you are connecting the on-premises SharePoint farm to Power Automate via the on-premises data gateway, and not via HTTPS (443). If you connect to it via HTTPS (443), you would not have an issue with the views. Power Automate lives on the internet, and the data gateway connector provides limited connectivity via your internal network.

on-premises-data-gateway

The on-premise data gateway connector has hard limits, including:

Logic Apps, Power Apps, and Power Automate support both read and write operations through the gateway:
  • Write operations have a 2-MB payload limit.
  • Read operations have a 2-MB request limit and an 8-MB compressed data response limit.
  • URL for the GET request has a 2048 character limit.

All the connectors do is utilize a REST API, and the list-views GET operations likely have a character limit well over 2048 characters, which is why it isn't supported via the data gateway connector. If your on-premises SharePoint farm is accessible via the internet, you don't need to use the on-premises data gateway connector to connect to it.

Ensure that the SharePoint get Items step you are using is utilizing valid credentials, and that it is utilizing connectivity over HTTPS (443). Otherwise, you are stuck within the limits of the on-premises data gateway connector. Your only other option may be to use OData filtering, but even that will be tough with the 2048-character limit, as an OData query string can be very, very long.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Unfortunately, the on-premises SharePoint would require internet access for the farm's API to be accessible to Power Automate. Power Automate uses SharePoint's REST APIs, which aren't available via the gateway. An on-premises data gateway only gives access via Azure Logic Apps

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

Sorry I dont get it. I'm using Power automate and I'm getting data from on-premises sharepoint. No problem with it. I just need to select all columns from project list, because columns what i need is not in default selection. 

Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Luke92 wrote:

I just need to select all columns from project list, because columns what i need is not in default selection. 

As I said, the views you are trying to use are not supported by the on-premises data gateway connector. It says it right in the error message provided to you. So, you are connecting the on-premises SharePoint farm to Power Automate via the on-premises data gateway, and not via HTTPS (443). If you connect to it via HTTPS (443), you would not have an issue with the views. Power Automate lives on the internet, and the data gateway connector provides limited connectivity via your internal network.

on-premises-data-gateway

The on-premise data gateway connector has hard limits, including:

Logic Apps, Power Apps, and Power Automate support both read and write operations through the gateway:
  • Write operations have a 2-MB payload limit.
  • Read operations have a 2-MB request limit and an 8-MB compressed data response limit.
  • URL for the GET request has a 2048 character limit.

All the connectors do is utilize a REST API, and the list-views GET operations likely have a character limit well over 2048 characters, which is why it isn't supported via the data gateway connector. If your on-premises SharePoint farm is accessible via the internet, you don't need to use the on-premises data gateway connector to connect to it.

Ensure that the SharePoint get Items step you are using is utilizing valid credentials, and that it is utilizing connectivity over HTTPS (443). Otherwise, you are stuck within the limits of the on-premises data gateway connector. Your only other option may be to use OData filtering, but even that will be tough with the 2048-character limit, as an OData query string can be very, very long.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,464)